Mark Mills is lead farmer and chocolatier at Chocolates and Tomatoes Farm. Before Mark became a farmer, he had been a chef for about 25 years. He got formal pastry training and chocolate making skills from L'Acadmie de Cuisine. He got the opportunity to hone his chocolate-making skills at Blue Duck Tavern in Washington, DC. He has been inventing chocolate flavors and styles on his own for the last 8 years selling primarly at farmer's markets.
The chocolates we sell at Chocolates and Tomatoes Farm are all hand-crafted by Mark. We use 65% dark chocolate for creating our chocolate shells (the outside of the chocolates) and chocolate bark. Mark uses a variety of ingredients to make the fillings. The colors you see on the outside of the chocolate are painted on with cocoa butter.
We don't use any preservatives so you can expect filled chocolates to last about 2-weeks if you keep them in a cool, dry place out of the direct sunlight. Flavors and styles vary throughout the year. Some customer favorites that we usually have are mint and raspberry.
We have the chocolate available year round.
- We usually have 8-piece, and 12-piece boxes, and sometimes we have other sizes. We sell the chocolates as a mix of flavors that we call "chocolatier's choice."
- We also have chocolate "bark" -- thin shards of chocolate that are fun to nibble on.
- Sometimes we have other chocolate delights or sweet treats.
- We often create special collections for holidays -- Christmas, Hannukah, Valentine's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, etc.
Check Out Our Shop for Current Collections, Order and Pickup Dates
You can find our current chocolate collections and other sweet treats in our SHOP. Click on the SHOP page at the top of the screen to see items, prices, order deadlines, and pick up dates.
Order on-line Sunday-Wednesday for Saturday pick-up. Chocolates are available for EASTER; order April 4-6 for April 9 pickup; order 4/10-4/13 for April 16 pickup.
- Do you have a special event coming up?
- Do you want to order large quantities of chocolates?
- We can work with you to create custom flavors and styles.
- Give Mark a call at 571-271-2686 or submit a request through our contact page.